AIC seeks a Marketing & Communications Intern to support the Executive Assistant and Director of Development in a communications and branding overhaul. While the tasks are varied and this job posting cannot encompass all duties, a main focus of the position will be on designing and updating a new website to reflect a focus on branding. In addition, the intern will draft press releases, create newsletters, manage social media profiles, and additional tasks as needed. Application are accepted on a rolling basis; schedule is flexible (24 hours/week). This position is unpaid.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Re-designing website using WordPress
- Use Adobe Photoshop and InDesign to work on new marketing materials.
- Draft press releases following AP style
- Update and maintain AIC website
- Oversee AIC social media
- Compose monthly newsletters
- Monitor media and manage clippings database
- Draft event mailers
- Design marketing materials as needed
- Undertake research and other tasks as needed
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills
- Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience maintaining databases
- Experience with WordPress is preferred
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign preferred
- Experience with Mailchimp or Emma a plus
- Interest in Middle East related issues
Please send resume, cover letter and brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Marketing & Communications Intern.