Project Nur is a student-led initiative advocating for social justice by empowering responsible leaders to cultivate an environment of acceptance and mutual respect between Muslims and all communities. Project Nur achieves this mission by fulfilling the following five goals:
- Lead a movement to promote principles of human rights and civil rights in the United States and around the world by raising awareness through programs and events.
- Engage student leaders in civil and entrepreneurial initiatives by actively participating in projects in our local communities and abroad.
- Provide a space for every one of different cultural backgrounds and experience to celebrate the diversity in our nation.
- Build the next generation of leaders to remedy the challenges facing the American Muslim community through action-based initiatives focused on promoting coexistence of all communities.
- Create the ground for voices of pluralism of American Muslims and American non-Muslims by working with students who are progressive, reformist, liberal, secular, moderate or conservative, without proselytizing and judging Muslims of different thought.